This is a cool event. I checked it out last year. Here’s the press release:
Hosted again at Taylor Ranch, a beautiful family-owned working farm in Fletcher just eight miles south of Asheville, Overland Expo 2015 EAST will feature the same dynamic event experience with a blend of professional trade show and educational opportunities that have made the original Overland Expo WEST so successful for six years.
This year BF Goodrich tires and Four Wheel Campers, along with Land Rover, RawHyde Adventures, and BMW motorcycles, are the top sponsors, hosting an array of activities ranging from a custom instructional driving course built and staffed by the world-famous Land Rover driver team and an “Adventure Motorcycle Village” with a teaching arena and riding course. We expect to grown by about 10-15% this year. Numbers in 2014:
• 100+ exhibitors, authors, videographers and VIP travelers / feature vehicles
• 150 classes, programs, films, demos
• 120 presenters, instructors, and VIPs, including a kid-run Junior Overland Explorer program
• 75 staff & volunteers
• 3000+ from around the world during the weekend
• Close to 500 participants were Overland Experience package attendees, almost what we have for the WEST show (which grew to that number over 6 years).
• Attendees came from as far away as Australia, Egypt, Korea, and South Africa.
• Many U.S. states and nearly all Canadian provinces were represented: Californians and Oregonians made the trek, and in particular, Ontario and Quebec, as well as Florida, Tennessee, and Virginia.
• Beautiful private venue at Taylor Ranch, with mist-covered lakes in the mornings, flyfishing and kayak demos in the afternoons.
• The start of fall colors and cool temperatures.
• Our most dynamic and centrally located Camel Trophy Skills area yet.
• A long and challenging driving course, and an epic mud recovery area.
Exhibitors include Four Wheel Campers, Land Rover of Asheville, Sportsmobile, BF Goodrich Tires, ARB-USA, Global Xpedition Vehicles, U-Joint Off-Road, American Expedition Vehicles, Equipt Expedition Outfitters, AT Overland, Southeast Overland, Blue Ridge Overland Gear, Rev’It, Overland Journal, as well as BMW, KTM, Triumph, Kawasaki, Honda, and Ural dealers—100+ other makers of equipment, camping gear, vehicles, as well as providers of services and travel resources and authors and filmmakers.
Overland Expo is an annual event, founded in Arizona in 2009 by Roseann Hanson, that brings together overlanding enthusiasts and the rapidly growing industry that serves them. This three-day weekend is designed to educate and inspire people to get out and explore their world—there are hundreds of session-hours of classes, workshops, and roundtable programs for four-wheel-drive and adventure motorcycle enthusiasts; a large trade exposition with exhibitors, vendors, authors, and filmmakers; and evening inspirational programs and music.
What is overlanding?
It’s not “wheeling” or about conquering obstacles with a vehicle or bike; it’s about using four-wheel-drives or adventure motorcycles to explore and camp—whether 100 miles or 10,000 miles from home, on pavement, backroads, or highly technical terrain. Overlanding is attracting adventurous young families, Baby Boomer retirees, and people of wide-ranging demographics.
$280/Person! Golly! No wonder they hid that price so well.
So the press release doesn’t mentions times, dates, ticket prices, etc….
Mike – Here ya go:
DAY PASSES (SOLD AT THE GATE ONLY):
FRIDAY OR SATURDAY:
$25 per person (single)
$45 per family*
$10 per person (single)
$15 per family*
KIDS 17 and UNDER FREE
I think there are also weekend passes and camping passes (although i don’t think anyone really wants to camp this weekend!)
Here’s their URL for more: http://www.overlandexpo.com/east/
Click on the link yo…