Congratulations to all the musicians, including David Holt of Asheville. Last year, Asheville’s Warren Haynes was inducted into the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame.
Kannapolis, N.C. – The North Carolina Music Hall of Fame has announced this year’s eight inductees. The Induction Ceremony takes place annually in October. The inductees are as follows:
- The Avett Brothers – folk rock/bluegrass/Americana, from Concord, NC.
- Band of Oz – popular pioneer Beach music band, from Raleigh, NC.
- Chuck Brown (deceased) – funk guitarist known as the “Godfather of Go-go,” from Gaston, NC.
- Rhiannon Giddens & The Carolina Chocolate Drops – Grammy award winning old time string band, from Greensboro and Durham, NC.
- Percy Heath (deceased) – jazz musician/bassist and member of the Modern Jazz Quartet, born in Wilmington, NC.
- David Holt – Grammy Award winning folk musician & story teller who appears regularly on PBS television, from Asheville, NC.
- Kellie Pickler – country vocalist and American Idol winner, born in Albemarle, NC.
- Ron Tyson – longtime member of the Temptations, from Monroe, NC.
The Induction Ceremony will take place on Thursday, October 20, 2016 in Kannapolis, NC. This red carpet event is open to the public. VIP and General Admission tickets will go on sale early this summer. Tickets will be available online and at the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame Museum, 600 Dale Earnhardt Blvd., Kannapolis. Contact the Hall of Fame Museum for more details: www.NorthCarolinaMusicHallofFame.org, (704) 934-2320.