XAVL is a celebration of creative culture, w/ 20+ participating artists demonstrating the creative process in real time, including live painters and graphic designers, installation art, photography, fashion, videography, music, and much, much more! This is an all-day event, with workshops and panel discussion taking place during the day (2pm-6:30pm) and main event with music, etc from 8:15 p.m. – 2 a.m. There will be giveaways as well as a raffle for a $750. Producer Bundle prize pack (Moog Minitaur + QuNexus). Tickets on sale now @ Harvest Records / The Moog Store / Online: http://xasheville. eventbrite.com / At the door if event does not sell out beforehand. … http://xavl.org
DETAILS (there are MANY participants):
MAIN EVENT (NIGHT):
• Royal Peasantry will unveil a stunning take on the typical fashion show: each model will step out wearing only briefs, then be outfitted and styled live in front of the audience.
• Live painters will depart from the flat canvas – it’s a surprise! –> Josh Spiceland, Makasi Siriwayo, Andy Reed, and Cae-sar Weasel.
• Nine Bar Creative will have three graphic designers working as a team to demonstrate work flow and the creative pro-cess, along with Graham Jackson (88DC) – their screens will be projected live for all to see.
• All live creations will be based on the theme “Synthesis” and three inspiration words selected by design curator Craig McAnsh (of Mojo Coworking / NATiVE Marketing).
• Music performances by Jeremy Ellis! (http://bit.ly/oXbK7Y), Aligning Minds, Marley Carroll, Panther God, and ilmli.
• Much, much more! Dances by Kathleen Hahn; Photography by (SIC) Images, Micah Mackenzie, and Joe Moriarty; Vid-eography by David S. Miller (Imaginari Studios) and Andy Crespo; Installation Art by Brett McCall and Daniel Lowe; stage design by 27 Folds; Illusionist David London.
• A panel discussion between music and design professionals will tackle the topic of “Synthesis,” not only as it relates to sound, but also the meaning of the word itself, which is “the combining of separate elements to form a coherent whole.” –> Lei Han, Jude Weinberg, August Worley, Craig McAnsh, David London, and Jeremy Ellis.
• Daytime music workshops, including the Moog Minitaur, QuNexus, Ableton Push, and Make Noise Music, will crescendo with a very special live beat lab performance by Jeremy Ellis and Justin Aswell (Mr. Invisible). This will be the first time these two masters of the Maschine (by Native Instruments) have ever been in the same place at the same time! –> Jere-my Ellis: http://bit.ly/oXbK7Y / Justin Aswell: http://bit.ly/16ivfap
• Winner of the $750. Producer Bundle prize pack (Moog Minitaur + QuNexus) will be announced night of main event. Raffle tickets = $10 per entry / no limit, enter at The Moog Store, online, or at the event itself. Additional giveaways by Make Noise Records, Ableton, and more!
• Main Event = $15 Presale / $20 Door
• All-Day Ticket (incl. workshops / panel discussion + main event) = $25 Presale
• Daytime Ticket (workshops / panel only) = $15 Door (or incl. w/ All-Day Ticket)
TICKET SALES: Harvest Records / Moog Store / Online: http://xasheville.eventbrite.com / At The Door VIDEO RECAP OF XAVL 2012: http://vimeo.com/74215235