Ever since a friend told me that making positive lists is good for one’s general well-being, I’ve been writing and posting them to Facebook.
Everything between the hashmarks has been cut ‘n’ pasted from my personal Facebook page.
1) “The City of Asheville really should purchase teeny-tiny Santa hats for all these cute squirrels.”
2) “One day I’m gonna dig my own dang tunnel under these fucking train tracks, so I can walk from PennyCup to 12 Bones without having to go a 1/2 mile out of my fucking way, just to risk my fucking life walking on gottdang Lyman Street.”
3) “Huh… I could just buy one perfect black outfit on Amazon, and then hit ‘Buy It Again’ every six months to a year.”
4) “Why doesn’t somebody open a hot dog stand right here?”
5) “Turtle pond.”
6) “I think I’ll get super-into local elections, so that, maybe, like, ten years from now, the state and federal government will be full of cool people that I actually elected and stand behind, rather than the cadre of aloof, greedy, selfish and self-righteous, criminals and traitors that seem to have infested our government on every level in a blatant and disturbing attempt to end American Democracy.”
Stu Helm is an artist, writer, and podcaster living in Asheville, NC, and a frequent diner at local restaurants, cafes, food trucks, and the like. His tastes run from hot dogs and mac ‘n’ cheese, to haute cuisine, and his opinions are based on a lifetime of eating out. He began writing about food strictly to amuse his friends on Facebook.
ON THE RADIO: wpvmfm.org
Please elaborate further on the Turtle Pond.