Wednesday’s Not So Big BIG Beer Festival will give attendees a first look at yet another new Thirsty Monk beer-making/beer-drinking establishment in Asheville. The event is the first time the 2.5-acre property off Thompson Street near Biltmore Village will be open to the public. It will house a 15-barrel brewing system. Here’s the press release:
Dozens of America’s top craft breweries will feature their biggest, rarest and most extreme beers in an intimate outdoor/covered setting at the newly unveiled Thirsty Monk Warehouse space at 92 Thompson St. in Biltmore Village!
This fun, small-scale beer festival will have several rare and one-off beers that craft beer fans would be thrilled to find at a larger, national event all in one place, curated for you by the Thirsty Monk, especially for Asheville Beer Week 2015!
Look for exciting breweries including:
– Stone Brewing/Wicked Weed Brewing/Ecliptic Brewing (Collaboration beer)
– Prairie Artisan Ales
– Evil Twin Brewing
– Grimm Artisanal Ales
– Anderson Valley Brewing
– 21st Amendment Brewery
– Founders Brewing
– Victory Brewing
– Allagash Brewing
– Westbrook Brewing
– New Belgium Brewing
…and numerous others!
Your ticket includes:
– Free bus transportation to and from the festival with pickups and drop-offs at any of our three Thirsty Monk locations. We love responsible drinking, so we’re giving you a round-trip ride to and from the fest! *Please designate your desired pickup/drop-off location or “self transport” in your ticket purchase.
– Souvenir Thirsty Monk Festival Glass for all your festival drinking, and to take home after the festival.
– 7 drink vouchers, with the option to purchase more.
– Souvenir Thirsty Monk Mini-Growler with option for special growler fills near the end of the festival. We believe in “No Beer Left Behind!”
Locally catered food options will be available for purchase at the festival.
***Update: Tap List Released***
-Bell’s Le Contrabassiste Biere de Garde
-Westbrook Mexican Chocolate Cake Imperial Stout (only keg in NC!)
-Stone/Wicked Weed/Ecliptic Points Unknown DIPA/Barrel Aged Tripel Blend
-Prairie Bomb Imperial Stout made with coffee, cacao nibs, vanilla beans, and chili peppers
-Grimm Artisanal Ales Telekinesis Dry Hopped Sour
-Oskar Blues Bulleit Barrel Aged G’Knight
-Thirsty Dog Cerasus Flanders Red
-Allagash Currant Affair Sour Dark Ale – 2 Years in French Oak and 2 years in stainless on 1.2 lbs of currants per gallon
-Allagash Golden Brett – Oak Foudre Aged, Simcoe Dry-Hopped
-Founder’s Devil Dancer Triple IPA (first keg of the season!)
-Founder’s Blushing Monk Belgian Raspberry Ale
-New Belgium Transatlantic Kriek
-Blind Squirrel Mocha Java Porter
-Foothills Seeing Double DIPA
-Sierra Nevada – Beer Camp 99 India Farmhouse Ale
-Ommegang Calypso Hennepin Dry Hopped Saison
-Duckrabbit Burnt Orange Peel Milk Stout (CASK)
-Big Boss Saints & Sinners Sour Ale
-Boulevard Hibiscus Gose
-Terrapin Maggie’s Farmhouse Peach Ale
-Mystery Brewing Grace O’Malley Imperial Red Ale – Made for IWCBD
Does this mean that this facility on Thompson street will eventually be open to the public as a place to grab a beer?! Or will it be just a warehouse space?