Thanks for your inquiry into our new butcher shop! The rumors are true. We are opening Oct. 16th. The shop is called Foothills Farm & Butchery. The focus is on pasture-raised meats (access to fresh grass throughout their lifetime, with a short time spent on high protein grains at the end of their life cycle). There will also be 100% grass fed meat available. 70% of the meat we carry will be from our own farm in Old Fort NC, which has been producing pasture raised beef, pork, and chicken for 10 years. The other 30% of the meat will come from local farms ONLY. Regular providers include Brasstown Beef, Apple Brandy Beef, Summerfield Farm, Dry Ridge Farm, East Fork Farm, and more.
We’ll have cut to order raw meats, as well as cooked food folks can take home for dinner. Our full certified kitchen will have daily deli specials and will eventually l be able to provide meat platters, cheese plates, and charcuterie for parties and events.
In addition to the meats we will carry milk, buttermilk, butter, and yogurt from Farm to Home Milk, and eggs from local farms. We’ll also carry gourmet imported cheeses, local goat and cow cheeses from Looking Glass Creamery, and cows milk cheeses from English Farmstead Creamery.