New Belgium Brewing’s annual Clips Beer & Film Tour is coming to Asheville, N.C., on Friday, September 4, at Pack Square Park’s Roger McGuire Green. The beer-toting, film-traveling, nonprofit-benefiting show gives guests a chance to try New Belgium’s most esoteric beer offerings, while watching short films created by New Belgium fans. Up to 17 varieties from Lips of Faith to brewery classics will be on tap. The best part is 100 percent of beer sale proceeds in Asheville will go to local nonprofit, Asheville on Bikes.
Friday, September 4
7:00 p.m., with films starting at 8:30 p.m.
Film featuring history of New Belgium’s Craven Street site will debut at Clips. Asheville film makers, Industrious Productions, and featured Ashevillans will be in attendance.
Pack Square Park – Roger McGuire Green
Asheville on Bikes cultivates the culture of urban and commuter cycling through advocacy and celebration. The nonprofit believes that cycling has a direct impact on the health of the Asheville community it calls home.
From Mike Sule, Director, Asheville on Bikes:
Clips Beer and Film Tour is a really important fundraiser for AoB. Proceeds from this event will be invested in AoB’s advocacy work, bike education programs, and our events. In 2015 AoB has advocated successfully for on street bike parking, the inclusion of a protected bike lanes and sustained implementation of Asheville’s bike master plan. This fall, we’re excited to bolster our afterschool bike program, host two city council candidate forums and continue our community rides like the upcoming Pumpkin Pedaller. The funds generated at Clips helps us keep Asheville’s bike culture on the roll and moving forward.
From Eric Bradford, Volunteer Director, Asheville GreenWorks:
Established in 1973, Asheville GreenWorks is an urban environmental conservation organization working to enhance the community through educational and volunteer based environmental programs. One of Asheville GreenWorks mission goals is to reduce our collective impact on the environment. We achieve this goal through public waste reduction at events by providing trained volunteers to sort through the landfill, recycling and compostables.
Admission – free
3 oz. sample – $1.50
12 oz. beer – $6.00
Beer proceeds benefit Asheville on Bikes
Gypsy Queen Cuisine
Avery’s Hot Dogs
Belly Up Truck
· You will be asked to prove that you are old enough to enjoy an adult beverage. Please bring your government issued ID. No ID means no beer!
· Bring low chairs or blankets – or lounge on the grass!
· No outside alcohol – leave the libations to us.
· Picnics are welcome, although you might want to check out our local food vendors before you bring your own!
· Bring your water bottle. We give water away for free. Look for the tall blue signs and stay hydrated!
· We LOVE dogs. If you choose to bring Fido, please come prepared to keep your dog under control, on a leash, curbed, and by your side.
· Walk, ride your bike, carpool, take public transportation…please.