The new Hyatt Place Asheville opened last month on Haywood Street. Just didn’t want to let the moment go without marking it, as the city is in the midst of a hotel-building boom. Here’s the official press release:
Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown is officially open in Asheville, North Carolina. This is the first, Hyatt Place or Hyatt-branded hotel in the area. Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown features the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere and plentiful amenities. The hotel offers 140 guestrooms with spectacular views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Downtown Asheville, a Rooftop Bar and Lounge, meeting space accommodating up to 200 people, indoor pool and much more. The hotel is owned and operated by Parks Hospitality Group.
Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown ideally located and walking distance to over 200 locally owned restaurants, breweries, shops and entertainment. Hyatt Place is the perfect place to explore the vibrancy and uniqueness of Asheville. Our central location offers quick and easy access to several popular attractions and businesses including the Biltmore Estate, Blue Ridge Parkway, US Cellular Center, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, Packs Square Highland Brewery, Mission Health Systems, GE Aviation and the University of North Carolina-Asheville.
“We are delighted to add the strength and innovation of the Hyatt brand to our growing portfolio. Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown offers amazing accommodations and the perfect location for travelers to explore Asheville’s eclectic downtown, rich history and burgeoning culinary and art scene” said Trevor Walden, Vice President of Operations, Parks Hospitality Group.
Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown offers:
· 140 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
· Free Wi-Fi everywhere
24/7 Gallery Menu with freshly prepared meals at any time of day
· a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, a free hot breakfast for guests available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features signature breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, fresh-baked pastries, and more
· 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
· Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
· Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
· Meetings Spaces offering more than 2,000 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
· 24-hour StayFit Gym featuring cardio equipment with LDC touchscreens and free ear buds
· Montford Rooftop Bar & Lounge offering a cocktail driven social and sensory experience with stunning panoramic mountain views.
“Asheville is a vibrant and unique city, filled with friendly people, great neighborhoods, and an ever expanding list of great places to visit and things to do or see,” said Rhonda Cunningham, General Manager. “Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown will exceed guest expectations and provide them with everything they need while visiting our area.”
HYATT PLACE ASHEVILLE DOWNTOWN LEADERSHIP
Hyatt Place Asheville is under the leadership of General Manager Rhonda Cunningham and Director of Sales Stacy Wheeler. In her role, Cunningham is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Wheeler is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Asheville area.
ABOUT HYATT PLACE
Hyatt Place, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, offers more than 235 locations in the United States, Armenia, China, Costa Rica, India, Mexico, Morocco, Puerto Rico, The Netherlands, and United Arab Emirates. For Hyatt Place information or to make a reservation, call 1-888-HYATT-HP (888-492-8847) or visit hyattplace.com.
PARKS HOSPITALITY GROUP
Parks Hospitality Group owns and manages six hotels in North Carolina employing over 200 associates. They currently have hotels in development in Cary, NC and Greenville, SC and are proud franchise partners with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hilton Worldwide and Marriott International. For more information please visit www.parkshotels.com.