– In one of the biggest things ever to happen to Asheville, New Belgium Brewing will open an East Coast facility in West Asheville
– Oskar Blues just opened its new brewery in Brevard
– On a smaller scale, Wicked Weed opened its new brewery/gastropub just last week to rave reviews
Other local craft brewers started making beer or announcing plans:
– The boys at Altamont Brewing finally got around to making beer in West Asheville
– Oyster House Brewing, a small operation in the Lobster Trap restaurant in downtown, announced plans to move into the former Viva Deli restaurant on Haywood Road
– Thirsty Monk announced plans to move its small brewery in south Asheville to bigger digs in Biltmore Park, where it will expand production
– Burial Beer dropped some big hints about a move to Asheville
– Despite interesting brews, Craggie Brewing closed. R.I.P. Word is another brewer will take over its location.
Other top brews news:
– Beer 101?: A-B Tech, App State and BRCC want to get residents ready for the beer economy
What will 2013 hold as New Belgium puts down Asheville roots? Where do we go from here?