Some 23 airports across North America, including the Asheville Regional Airport, will come together Wednesday night for the JetStream Music Festival, an online celebration of local music.
Hosted by Austin-Bergstrom International Airport from the “Live Music Capital of the World” in Austin, Texas, the free, multi-hour livestream is set for 6 p.m. (Eastern) on participating airports’ Facebook Live pages. Each airport will feature a musician local to their city in support of the creative community during the COVID-19 crisis.
The lineup features a diverse range of acts, representing each city’s unique music culture. Asheville songstress Jane Kramer will represent the city and Asheville Regional Airport. Austin’s Latin pop songstress, Gina Chavez, will perform and host the event.
Kramer worked with Asheville cinematographer, camera operator and photographer Dylan Trivette to film her segment last weekend at Franny’s Farm in Leicester. The shoot came together quickly in a field in front of barn featuring a mural that says “LOVE.”
Festival viewers will be able to tip musicians throughout the performance and learn about organizations assisting the communities in each city. Viewers can also join in the celebration using the hashtag #JetStreamFest.
Kramer was the very first guest of the Asheville Regional Airport’s “Music on the Fly” pop-up concert series, which is sponsored by the airport and curated by Ashvegas.com.
“We’re all looking forward to the day when our airport is busy with travelers again, and our unique passenger amenities can also be reinstated,” said Lew Bleiweis, the Asheville airport’s executive director.
“We love welcoming local musicians to the airport to share their talents, which helps shine a spotlight on the vibrant music scene in Western North Carolina. So, in the meantime, we hope you’ll tune in and enjoy this virtual “airport” concert featuring talented musicians across North America.”
Asheville Regional Airport has been one of the fastest growing small airports in the U.S. for the past two years, and has experienced six consecutive years of record growth. But the novel coronavirus crisis has devastated the airline business, and airports across the country and around the world have gone quiet.
“Having Music on the Fly, the Asheville airport’s award-winning music program, featured in the online music festival will be a thrill,” said Jason Sandford, founder of the hyper-local news and entertainment website Ashvegas.com.
“It’s been so much fun to shine a little spotlight on Asheville’s vibrant music scene through the Music on the Fly partnership with the Asheville Regional Airport,” Sandford said. “We’ve literally brought dozens of talented musicians to the airport over these past four years to liven-up the airport with pop-up concerts,” he said.
“It’s exciting to have the program be a part of this national online event.”
Here’s the full lineup for the JetStream Music Festival:
● Gina Chavez – Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
● Don Hicks – Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
● Eddy Fabrizio Castellanos – Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
● Jane Kramer – Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
● Chuck Courtenay – Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
● Lauren Eylise – Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
● Kendal Conrad – Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)
● Chill Moody – Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
● Julian Taylor – Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
● Honey & Blue – John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH)
● Big Blitz – Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
● Key to Adam – Yeager Airport (CRW)
● Zuriel Merek – Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
● John Hayes – Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
● The Honey Vines – Evansville Regional Airport (EVV)
● Robin Barnes – Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
● Rhythm Kings – Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
● Leah Leyva – Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ)
● Patrick Contreras – Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
● Tyler F. Simmons – John Wayne Airport (SNA)
● Jordan Richard – Portland International Airport (PDX)
● Nico Hueso – San Diego International Airport (SAN)
● Tomo Nakayama – Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Leave a Comment