The Asheville-based creators of the web series Transplanting are planning to hold a free holiday party and screening at The Mothlight in West Asheville on Dec. 9.
Lea McLellan and Andrew Vasco have made 10 episodes of the series. Each 5-minute episode chronicles the adventures of a 20-something woman (Hayley Heninger plays “Maeve”) making her way in Asheville after having just moved to town. The two will debut a new episode at the party. It’s a funny take on Asheville along the lines of Portlandia.
More from Lea:
We will be screening the first 10 episodes, leading up to our never-before-seen holiday episodes. We will also have guest performances from stand-up comedian Chase McNeil and local improv troupe, Blacklist Improv.
Come kick off your holiday celebrations with the cast and crew of Transplanting during our FREE holiday party and screening at The Mothlight in West Asheville.
Fun things include but are not limited to:
– Stand-up comedy and MC stylings provided by local comic genius Chase McNeill
– Improv galore brought to you by hilarious local improv troupe, Blacklist Improv
– A special screening of Transplanting, starting with episode 1 and leading up to our never-before-seen holiday episodes
– A really cheap raffle with awesome prizes that you will actually want to win
– Music, friends, excitement, etc
– For free!
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1390706817897351/
Mothlight website: http://themothlight.com/transplanting-holiday-party-local-comedy-series/
For more background, check out this Transplanting story by Edwin Arnaudin for Mountain Xpress.
How about using an original local song by an original local artist… Sure, Empire is a local band, but they are not original.
I can’t wait to see the episode on dogs in strollers.
This show wouldn’t bother me so much if it weren’t for the closing theme song. Asheville ain’t New Orleans folks.