From the Sow True website:
Seeking General Manager
Job Opportunity: Asheville company seeking a General Manager (GM) with entrepreneurial spirit to grow a small, funded heirloom seed company from demonstrated potential to sustained profitability. Must have proven P & L success in a small business environment and be committed to maintaining and developing the employee-oriented culture of the current company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the owner, develop a strategic plan to grow sales and generate profitability
- Manage sales through all distribution channels including catalog, website, retail store, and trade shows with initial emphasis on wholesale racks in nurseries, groceries, hardware, etc.
- Maintain smooth and efficient operations with an emphasis on exceptional customer service and strict quality control
- Provide leadership and training to guide employees in setting and achieving goals
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Significant for-profit business management experience
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Horticulture knowledge – preferably agriculture experience
- Share our mission for sustainable agriculture and environmental protection
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- 40 hours/week – some evenings/weekends may be required
- Occasional travel may be required
- No relocation allowance available
- Salary Range: $40-50K
Please submit your resume with cover letter as soon as possible (no later than Oct 1) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.