Asheville’s bountiful supper club and outdoors scene not enough for you? Check out Cycle to Farm, a metric-century (62-mile) bike ride that combines farm-to-table food with Asheville’s budding bike scene. New Belgium is on board as a sponsor.
Cycle to Farm is sixty-two miles through farmland and greenways, with farm stops along the with samples included in the registration fee (buy anything you like while browsing the farms; it’ll be delivered to you at the finish at no charge). Organizers say registrations are pouring in, with participants now from 10 states including Georgia, South Carolina, Virgina, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, and even Illinois and California.
The low-traffic route includes 4200 feet of challenging climbing, and is almost all rural farm and forest. Maximum participation is 300 riders.
Cycle to Farm
Facebook event page
Saturday, June 23
Ride start is 8 a.m.
Packet pickup in Black Mountain is 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
Registration is $65 until May 23; $75 until Jun 23 (includes tasting samples & musette bag)
From the Facebook page:
Charity metric century bicycle ride to benefit the Black Mountain NC Greenways and support the local farming community.
– Free locally-roasted coffee at the Start (Thanks Dynamite Coffee!)
– Bike mechanic support at the Start (Thanks Liberty Bikes!)
– Yoga and Stretching at the Start (Thanks Black Mountain Yoga!)
– SAG (Support and Gear) Vehicles on course (to help and give you a ride back)
– Fire/EMS Standby
– SAG Sweep vehicle at the end
– Lots of parking, but also close enough to hotels and B&Bs that you can ride to start!
– Totally useful “musette bag” that holds your stuff, and folds up tiny for travel
– Various goodies from sponsors
– Coupons for discounts and freebies from sponsors
– 63 miles through beautiful Western North Carolina on (mostly) low-traffic roads
– 4,200ft of challenging climbing (scale the Continental Divide three times)
– Almost all rural farm and forest
INNOVATIVE FARM STOPS
– Local Farms host the rest stops at their farms
– Great bike food at the rest stops (bagels, bananas, PB&J, etc)
– Tasty samples from the Farms included in Registration Fee
– Buy anything you like on the spot; delivered to you at the Finish (no charge)
FABULOUS AFTER PARTY
– Locally-sourced and produced meal (hamburgers, sausage, veggie burger, etc)
– Live music entertainment
– INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION FEE
– Beer from New Beligum Brewery
– Meals for spouses/family/friends are available (additional charge, but reasonable!)
– Massage available
– Showers available
– Celebrate your accomplishment with us!
MAX PARTICIPATION IS 300 RIDERS
(Dinner and farm tasting samples limit the number of riders who can enjoy this)
Registration info is at the website!