The staff and volunteers of longtime environmental nonprofit Asheville GreenWorks are known for getting down and dirty – whether it’s cleaning up litter and trash from city streets, digging tree pits or pulling filthy tires out of the French Broad River.
But the third annual Root Ball is a chance to see them “clean up nice.”
The Asheville GreenWorks Root Ball, 6-9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 12, at the MHCC Events Center, 227 Cumberland Ave., in historic Montford, is an evening of elegance in honor of environmental heroes.
“While we usually encourage you to ‘get dirty for a great cause,’ the GreenWorks Root Ball is an opportunity to celebrate in style,” said GreenWorks Executive Director Dawn Chávez. “We think it’s appropriate to take off our waders and traffic safety vests for one evening a year to honor those working to keep Asheville clean and green.
Tickets are now on sale for an evening that will include:
• Silent Auction and Drink Reception. Bid on items that range from exciting adventure trips to beautiful, handcrafted jewelry to breathtaking artwork, and find the perfect holiday gift.
• Environmental Excellence Awards Dinner. We will honor individuals and businesses that have made a significant contribution to sustainability in Asheville and Buncombe County.
• Buffet dinner with beer provided by Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
• Musical entertainment by Patrick Boland
• Keynote Address by Josh Dorfman, Director of Entrepreneurship at Venture Asheville, green-economy entrepreneur, author and communications expert, known as the “Lazy Environmentalist.”
• Welcoming remarks from Buncombe County Commission Chair David Gantt and Asheville Vice Mayor Marc Hunt.
• Opportunity to meet and mingle with Asheville’s leaders in environmental sustainability.
Tickets are $45 in advance ($40 for members) at www.ashevillegreenworks.org, and $55 at the door ($50 for members).
Come out for a night of delicious food, drink, fun, and environmental inspiration! For more information, email email@example.com or visit www.ashevillegreenworks.org.