Hope all is well on the East Coast! We thought we’d share what we think is going to be a great beer-and-music event that’s come together in an inspired flash. At this spring’s Craft Brewers Conference, Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head Brewery told our own Brian Grossman of his tentative plans to venture from Delaware for a North Carolina visit—soak up the culture, maybe get a peek of our brewery progress. Well, Sam’s visit is now set in stone, and to up the ante of the trek, the brewing friends said Hey, why not throw a party?
The details are below, but it amounts to a big, tasty beer dinner followed by loud, fast, energetic live tunes. Folks can go to the dinner and the concert, or grab a separate ticket just to take in the show.
If you think it’s a fit, we’d love for your readers to be able to consider this night of revelry. Thanks for even considering it! If you need more information, please let us know. Thanks and cheers.
· WHO: Brian Grossman, co-leader of Sierra Nevada’s Mills River brewery; Sam Calagione, founder of Dogfish Head Brewery; The Infamous Stringdusters
· WHAT: A collaborative six-course dinner paired with flagship and rare beers from both breweries, as well as a performance from The Infamous Stringdusters. Chef Mike Mahoney of Isis Restaurant and Music Hall and Jason Roy of Biscuit Head will prepare dishes that pay homage to both breweries’ locations (think Southern Fusion and Coastal Fusion).
· WHEN: Thursday, July 25, 2013; doors for dinner at 5:30 p.m.; general admission doors for concert at 8:30 p.m.
· WHERE: Isis Restaurant and Music Hall
Other key details:
· TICKETS: On sale July 10, 2013 through the Isis website
· PRICING: $80 for Beer Dinner (includes dinner and concert ticket); $15 for concert only