The pub will be closed for the next few days, we will let you know soon as we are ready to open again.
We miss all of you
In a brief phone conversation Monday afternoon, owner Drew Smith declined to comment on the fire. He said he was busy making sure his employees were taken care of, and he thanked residents for their support.
An Asheville Fire Department spokeswoman said Tuesday that the cause of the fire was accidental. “It is confirmed to have been in the HVAC duct work,” Kelley Klope said.
Last year, the Westville Pub made extensive improvements to its facade facing busy Haywood Road. A Mountain Xpress story about the improvements noted that Westville opened in 2002 and had done a good job with renovations and updates, including the latest, which included a big new garage bay window and outdoor seating at the front, remodeled bathrooms and an updated menu.