Let’s do one of those #PositiveLists!
I know I usually write about food, but last Spring a friend of mine (Hi Megan!) told me that she had heard that making positive lists improved one’s overall well-being. I’m already known among my Facebook friends for posting lists of everything from the number of fruiting trees in my yard, to the many many reasons why I hate the sunshine, so I thought I’d give this “positive list” thing a shot!
Since then, I’ve posted a dozen or more, and while I don’t know about my overall well-being, it turns out that #PositiveLists are fun to come up with, and my Facebook friends seem to kinda love them! So just like with my food reviews — which also started on Facebook — I asked Jason Sandford if I could post some of my #PositiveLists on Ashvegas, and because he is the bomb-titty-ass-bomb of all publishers, he said “I don’t see why not.”
So, here’s the latest of my #PositiveLists, posted to Facebook just this morning. I hope that you will take it, and all of my future #PositiveLists for what they are: Meaningless nonsense intended strictly fer lerfs.
Everything between the hashmarks has been cut ‘n’ pasted from my personal Facebook page.
5 Reasons Not to Hate the World Today…
1) FALLLLLLL! It finally fell. Jesus Eff, I thought it would never get here, but the temp in Asheville finally dropped and there is a sudden myriad of variegated leaves on the ground. YES! Fall, I love you.
2) GOOOOOGLE! So I can look up words like “myriad” and “variegated” to make sure that I’m spelling them right and using them correctly! #YayAppearingSmarterThanIAm
3) WEEEEED! Ain’t no shortage of weed in this world, I’ll tell you what. If you’re having trouble scoring some weed, you are not trying hard enough… or at all… because… yeah…
4) SQUIRRELLLLLS! They are so fucking cute, I totally wanna die! In the Fall they are especially active, because they are still burying acorns, but also they start to dig up the ones they buried earlier in the year, to see if they are ready to eat. They will remain active all Winter, as squirrels do not hibernate, but — just like people — they tend to spend more time indoors over the Winter months, sleeping and cuddling in communal nests built in either naturally occurring holes and cavities in trees, or constructs made of sticks, leaves, and other materials. (thanks again, Google!)
5) TRUMMMMMP! This greedy, racist, misogynist, xenophobic, homophobic, narcissistic, thin-skinned, pathological, ignorant, incurious, corrupt, mafia-linked, rape-accused, Putin-backed, lying sack of shit is the president of the United States of America.
***Wait, that’s not a reason Not to Hate the World Today, Stu.***
No. No it isn’t.
Look! A cute squirrel!
Please learn more about squirrels on line! [ screen shot from howlongdosquirrelslive.com ]
~ END ~
Stu Helm is an artist, writer, and podcaster living in Asheville, NC, and a frequent diner at local restaurants, cafes, food trucks, and the like. His tastes run from hot dogs and mac ‘n’ cheese, to haute cuisine, and his opinions are based on a lifetime of eating out. He began writing about food strictly to amuse his friends on Facebook.
ON THE RADIO: wpvmfm.org