Purina ONE® is making a $25,000 donation to the City of Asheville and beginning renovations to the French Broad River Dog Park, on Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14. The donation and renovations are part of the brand’s effort to make a visible difference in Asheville during the Purina ONE 28 Day Challenge.
Friday’s event will include:
· Purina ONE presenting the $25,000 donation for renovations to the French Broad River Dog Park
· A groundbreaking for the dog park renovations
· Renderings of the completed project
· Opportunities to interview Wayne Wheeler, chair of the Recreation Advisory Board, and Purina ONE representatives about the donation, dog park renovations and the impact on Asheville dog owners.
The brand will then host a party in the park for Asheville residents and their dogs on Saturday, February 15 to celebrate the conclusion of the Purina ONE 28 Day Challenge. In January, Purina ONE provided local dog owners with a free month supply of dog food and owners documented the visible difference they saw in their dogs at www.purinaone.com/ONEdifference. These experiences will be featured in an online documentary series debuting nationally in April when Purina ONE opens the 28 Day Challenge to dog owners across the country.
Saturday’s event will include:
· A city-wide celebration for local dogs and dog owners
· Live music from the Mix 96.5 House Band, a customized photo booth and a gallery showing images captured of local dogs during the Purina ONE 28 Day Challenge
· Adoptable dogs from Brother Wolf
· Opportunities to interview Asheville dog owners and Purina ONE representatives