WNC magazine is celebrating a decade of delivering great stories, profiles, history pieces and lifestyle coverage of our Western North Carolina way of life. Congratulations! Here’s the press release:
WNC magazine celebrates 10th anniversary with annual Home & Garden Issue …
on Newsstands Now!
Asheville, NC—WNC magazine’s March/April 2017 edition marks our 10th anniversary of publishing the best the mountain area has to offer—and we’re celebrating with not only a jam-packed Home & Garden issue but a showcase of special salutes to what makes Western North Carolina the tops. In the issue, readers will find:
• Ten Top 10 lists from WNC experts and icons on everything from their favorite local books, albums, and movies to the region’s best athletes, fishing spots, restaurants, and more.
• A peek inside the lovely and lively home and gardens of Asheville florist Melissa Thomas, owner of Flora boutique.
• The compelling history of how famed landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted did his greatest and final designs for the Biltmore Estate.
• A visit with Carolina Farm Table, a Sparta-based custom furniture maker noted for its craftmanship.
• A touching tale of an Appalachian woman’s misadventures with backyard chickens.
• And there’s much more, including the buzz about UNC Asheville’s new Bee Hotel, the speedy science of Google’s Gravity Games in Lenoir, a breakout novel from Jackson County writer David Joy, the blooms at Lake Lure’s Flowering Bridge, good news about WNC’s housing market, the haven for horticultural therapy that is Hendersonville’s Bullington Gardens, the scoop on Haywood County’s first (legal) distillery, and tasty restaurant news and reviews.
Themes for the upcoming issues of WNC magazine will be Travel & Outdoors (May/June), Education (July/August), Style & Design (September/October), and Holiday (November/December).
Find WNC magazine on newsstands across the country, or have it delivered to your door by becoming a subscriber. To subscribe or find a newsstand location nearest you, visit us online at www.wncmagazine.com or call (828) 210-5030. For additional inquiries, please contact us:
• For advertising, contact Director of Advertising Katie Hild at Katie@wncmagazine.com.
• To pitch a story idea, please e-mail Editor-in-Chief Melissa Reardon at Melissa@wncmagazine.com.
• If you are interested in carrying WNC magazine in your place of business, please contact Larry Halstead at Larry@wncmagazine.com.
WNC magazine is a nationally distributed regional lifestyle publication covering the people, places, history, culture, and foodways of 24 counties in Western North Carolina. It is published by GulfStream Communications, publishers of Charleston, Charleston Weddings, and Grand Strand magazines, as well as The High Country Wedding Guide and Charleston Grit, Asheville Grit, and Ashvegas websites. www.wncmagazine.com