From a loyal reader, in the wake of news that Moogfest organizers are considering moving the music festival from Asheville to Durham:
Top 10 Reasons Moogfest May Be Dumping Asheville for Durham
10. Ashevillians wary of losing another $180,000 in taxpayer funds.
9. New opportunities to teach people how to correctly pronounce “Moog.”
8. Fiscal conservatives in Durham less judgmental about a tech company that makes employees beg for a 50-cent raise.
6. Moog Music is jealous of the River Arts District’s reputation for being “sketchy.”
5. Harder for all the cool musicians to hang out on Chicken Alley at Make Noise.
4. Better chance a “job fair” will actually have jobs.
2. Less chance of “scheduling conflicts” with Gov. McCrory.
And the number 1 reason Moogfest my be dumping Asheville for Durham:
Three words—Moog Filtered Cigarettes!
Moog brings back its famed 1973 modular synthesizers: http://boingboing.net/2015/01/21/moog-brings-back-its-famed-197.html