Here are details about Asheville Horse & Carriage Tours:
· Horse drawn carriage tours will add a new dimension to Asheville’s downtown and help draw tourists into the downtown business district.
· The tours will operate April 26, 2013 through June 30, 2013. The tours will involve a maximum of 5 participants at a time.
· The carriage will follow the attached route. No streets will be closed and traffic will not be affected. Drivers will point out sights and businesses along the route and passengers will be able to see and hear about local businesses at a leisurely pace.
· Manure will be caught in bags and not be on the street.
· Hours of operation:
o Thursdays and Fridays 6 pm to 12 midnight
o Saturdays 4 pm to 12 midnight
o Sundays 1 to 7 pm
· Contact information for the tours:
Asheville Horse & Carriage Tours
The route of the carriage hits Patton, Walnut, College St., Haywood St., Page Ave., Battery Park Ave. and possibly Church and South Lexington.
Thanks to loyal reader Chris for the heads-up.